November 19, 2020
This summary is provided to highlight Vestry discussions that may be of interest to the congregation. Complete minutes follow this summary.
|Budget through Dec 31||Actual through Oct31|
If our loan through the Paycheck Protection Program is forgiven, we can add that $11,560.25 to our Total Income. Please keep your pledge payments current. They are vitally important, especially during this time.
- There is a new on-line giving option through the Episcopalmaine.org web site. You can specify a one-time or recurring gift for a particular church, put there is no way to designate how the funds are to be applied. The Vestry is continuing to look at how we might use this site.
- The on-line auction will be rescheduled when the Vestry feels it can be done safely.
- Stewardship letters and pledge cards have been sent out. Ingathering is December 5.
- There will be a Vestry retreat (via Zoom) on December 5, led by CN. Michael Ambler. This begins the Study of Mutual Ministry, as we discern our future goals.
- The Study of Mutual Ministry concludes with another retreat on January 23, 2021
- Paula and Christine will be scheduling (Zoom) Seat At The Table sessions in December, January and February. Themes from the December 5 Vestry Retreat will be discussed.
- Tom is working hard to maintain our building and grounds. See the Minutes for details on his efforts.
- St. Patrick’s Annual Meeting will be January 31, 2021, via Zoom.
- On January 6, there will be a Taizé service, via Zoom, followed by a Discernment Circle, to identify Vestry members for 2021.
- Lev is submitting an application from St. Patrick’s to the Diocese for a grant to purchase a wall mounted video camera for our worship space.
- Dignity First has applied for a grant from the Diocese to help in the purchase of an apartment building to serve our homeless neighbors. The Vestry has provided a letter of support.